Bring it on!!
The bigger the challenge the better!
And this guy is going to be a challenge for sure!
He has been sitting outside in a barn for who knows how many years.
Steve & Meg are here!
We are talking some serious damage!
We stripped it.
We sanded it.
We repaired the door.
We also had to replace all of the drawer guides.
And repair a few of the drawers.
To repair/cover the damage on the sides we took a couple of oak boards we had on hand and cut them to fit.
Much Better :)
We chose a dark stain at first.
But decided to lighten it up a bit so we wiped it down with some mineral spirits and applied a coat of Danish Oil.
We also cut a piece of chalkboard for the inside of the door and trimmed it out.
And purchased a new lock set.
All of the original knobs were present and accounted for.
All we had to do was clean them up a little.
And 3 weeks later………
Happy Thursday :)