Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homemade Soy Candles

 

Hello! Hello!

Today I thought I would share with you how I make my soy candles for our booth.

IMG_5953

IMG_5960

I start with 100% natural soy wax and wicks.

IMG_5856

And these cute blue ball jars.

IMG_1742 (2)

The first thing that you will want to do is glue your wicks to the bottom of your jar with super glue.

I let them sit for a good hour or more to make sure the glue is nice and dry.

IMG_5844

Next I took two wooden skewers and wrapped a rubber band around the end to hold the wick in place when pouring the wax.

After pouring the wax I dropped a few drops of essential oil(s) in the bottom of the jar.

IMG_5846

Next you will need to melt your wax.

I picked this melting pot up at Hobby Lobby and it works great!

IMG_5860

Start by pouring a little wax into pot and after it melts add a bit more (be sure to let all wax melt before adding more) and so on and so forth until you have a full pot.

Remove from heat and let wax rest in pot for approx. 30 min.

IMG_5895

And pour into your prepared ball jars and finish off with a few more drops of your essential oil(s).

IMG_1741 (3)

Let them rest until cool.

I also drop a couple more drops of essential oil(s) to the top of the candle after it cools.

IMG_1743 (2)

For an added touch I took one of my old flour sacks and cut out a circle and placed it under the lid!

IMG_1723 (2)

IMG_1722 (2)

Available in:

Lemon

Lavender-Lemon

Calm

Victorian Powder

and

Unscented

$16.00

@

Yarbro’s Antique Mall

Booth 2110

350 Carriage House Drive

Jackson, TN 38305

IMG_1720 (2)

 

Happy Thursday :)

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh - I'm going to have to try this!! It's hard to find candles with just the right scent (apple crisp). It looks pretty easy to DIY...and we can come up with our own custom fragrance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super easy! I have also made several using old candle jars that I have saved (cheaper):)Thanks for stopping by Susan :) Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I've been wanting to try my hand at this. I have tea cups and other pieces I want to use this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you buy you wax and essential oils from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina :) I have purchased both from Hobby Lobby and on-line at Amazon.com.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment is awaiting moderation.