It all started with this picture our Daughter sent us of this bench at the Goodwill.
Of course I was all over it!
And told her to snag this baby up and quick!
Once I got it home I found that it was in pretty bad shape!
The back had a large hole that needed repaired.
But nothing a little water putty couldn’t fix.
After repairing the back I started stripping and sanding and found that there were several layers of paint.
After several hours of sanding and the heat gun I still had tons more paint to go!
So I thought I would try putting some milk paint over it and see what happens……
After working on it well into the evening I was not satisfied!
So the next day I painted it with some blue milk paint (which I forgot to take a picture of).
Which looked even worse!
So I decided to painted it white and strip and sand all the paint off of the spindles.
And started to distress it and decided I did not like this look as well.
So once I again I sanded and sanded and sanded some more.
And stained the bare wood that was exposed along with the spindles.
Sprayed a clear coat over the top and called it a day!
Happy Thursday :)