Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pinterest Challenge! - DIY Spoon and Barn Board Project

I am all about new projects and when I snagged these spoons from my Sister I new exactly what I was going to do with them! 

IMG_2319 (2)

I found the idea on pinterest via

“The Wood Grain Cottage”

DIY Spoon & Pallet Hook Rack | The Wood Grain Cottage

For the complete tutorial visit Shayna’s Blog

@

http://www.thewoodgraincottage.com/2013/04/04/diy-spoon-pallet-hook-rack

I flattened and bent all of the spoons

IMG_3050 (2)

IMG_3061 (2)

After all the spoons were done I rounded up the tools and supplies needed and got to work.

IMG_3062 (2)

I’m not naming any names…

But someone never puts tools away where they belong so I had to fabricate a nail punch out of a nail by sanding off the tip on our belt sander.

IMG_3036 (2)

I started drilling the holes on the front side but was having problems with the drill slipping and leaving marks

IMG_3087 (2)

So I flipped them over and drilled the holes from the back.

IMG_3134 (2)

IMG_3090 (2)

After all the holes were drilled I attached the spoons to this old piece of barn board.

IMG_3095 (2)

IMG_3121 (2)

IMG_3100 (2)

IMG_3101 (2)

Now I just have to find an empty wall to hang it on!

IMG_3095 (2)

 

Happy Thursday :)

2 comments:

  1. You did such a fabulous job! I love it!
    Hugs!
    -Shayna
    www.TheWoodGrainCottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a very simple yet also creative and unique project. I love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment is awaiting moderation.