Thursday, September 5, 2013

Enamel Goodness

 

Hello! Hello!

I would have to say that this summer has been one of the busiest summers in years!

And we have loved every single second of it :)

Today I am popping in to share with you my enamel table makeover project.

IMG_6256

We picked this enamel topped table up on our last visit to the Quad Cities, IA/IL.

And of course I started working on it before remembering I had not taken any before pics!

 Oops!

IMG_6060 (2)

I had originally started sanding the legs to remove the paint.

IMG_1916 (2)

But got lazy and decided to run the legs through our combination jointer/planer and it worked like a charm!!!

PicMonkey Collage (2)

In fact it worked so well that it barley shaved the paint off and you were still able to see these original pencil markings.

I also had to replace the drawer guide with a new and improved one.

IMG_1953 (2)

IMG_1909 (2)

And I was having a heck of a time trying to get this drawer straight!

IMG_6168 (2)

Boy was it warped!

I thought I was going to have to fabricate a new piece but I just loosened up a few of the nails and re-glued it.

Good enough for me!

IMG_6170 (2)

What a cutie <3!

IMG_6236

IMG_6240

IMG_6241

IMG_6246

IMG_6249

IMG_6252

IMG_6256

IMG_1993 (2)

I also made a few fabric swags for the booth, friends, family & of course ME!

 IMG_1994 (2)

 

Happy Thursday :)

Sharing this at these lovely parties:

We've Been FeaturedElizabeth and Co.

9 comments:

  1. You are so talented. Seems you could just make the furniture to begin with! I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! <3 With some of the pieces we get we probably could have just made it from scratch! It might have been easier! LOL! Thanks for the kind words and stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I'd love to find an enamel top table - this is just beautiful!!!
    Love your rag swag too - very pretty!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTY!!LOVE IT!Love the swags as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little table, it is so CUTE! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable and charming.

    hope you'll visit me back.

    michele
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted you to know that you were featured on my blog! Thanks so much for sharing at The Scoop!...hugs...Debbie http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/2013/09/vintage-favorites-from-scoop.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment is awaiting moderation.