Friday, December 14, 2012

Little Boy Blue

Little Boy Blue,
Come Blow Your Horn.
 
Don't mind if we do! 
Blow our own horn that is!
 
We are so excited to share with
you this dresser re-finish!
 
 
 
 
 
We found this guy somewhere in Mississippi on one of our
weekend drives. 
 
It was in pretty bad shape
and falling apart.
 
 
 
 
A little bit of history we
found on the back.
 
 







 
This is one of the sides.
 
 

 
Here are the drawers.



 
And these are the trim boards/pieces.


 
 We had to make new drawer
guides for the drawers. 
 
 
 
 
We used some old barn wood
we had on hand.
 
 
 
Most of the drawers
needed repaired.
 


And we had to put these pegs
into place to keep the
drawers from falling
 on your toes.
 
  




When hunting for the knobs
I found these red gingham
ones and thought they
 would be PERFECT!
 
Unfortunately there were
only nine of these...




and one of these...
 
 


But I thought what the heck! 
 
 The mismatched knobs give
it character I say.
 
 



 






We had to place these boards
on the sides for extra support
 and to cover some wear and tear.
 
 
Turned out to be a WIN! WIN! 
 
I really like how they turned out!
 
 

   
Love, love, love the rough,
chippy, shabby, country look!
 
 





 The key holes were filled
in with wood putty.




So we dug the putty out. 
 
Much better!






 

 HAPPY FRIDAY

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful job you did! Totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I hopped right over here and the timing could not be better as I am working on a few furniture projects right now and probably am in over my head!!!! LOVE the orange piece and this one too. I'll be back for sure.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :) You will have to post some pictures on your blog of your new furniture projects when they are completed :)

      Delete
  3. I love this!! You made it beautiful again...and I love when I find a piece that has history written on it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonya! This is one of our fav flips! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. Your comment is awaiting moderation.